Gould & Chapman started in 1941 as cabinet makers and upholsterers who also carried out funerals. The family had two premises in Haslemere and Grayshott and in the 1980s used Ford Granada hearses.
In the late 1980s the business was acquired by G M Luff & Partners and moved to its present location at Avenue House, Headley Road, Grayshott where it continues to this day.
As part of the Ford Mears group, Gould & Chapman continues to provide a caring and professional service to the local community around Grayshott. Further investment in the business by Ford Mears has meant that Gould & Chapman is now able to offer a wider range of services and vehicle options, whilst still providing a personalised service that honours the legacy of Gould & Chapman’s independent, family-run business.