Funeral Directors in Farnborough
Independent local funeral directors in Farnborough & surrounding villages. Call us today to find out more.
Personal and professional phone lines are open
24hrs a day 7 days a week
About Ford Mears & Partners - Farnborough
Our Farnborough office was opened in 1998 and our third office under the Ford Mears & Partner name. We are still in the same property to date, at 242 Farnborough Road in the heart of Farnborough. Like Aldershot over the years John and especially Tony have had a long-standing affiliation to the local community and the area.
How We Can Help
Ford Mears funeral directors in Farnborough provides a range of funeral services and funeral plans to accommodate everyone’s needs. Find out more about our tailored services and cremations below.
For most of our customers, this is the preferred option.
- Removal into our care within office hours (Mon-Fri 08.30-17.00).
- Advice on registration and all funeral related matters.
- Option for church service prior to cremation or burial.
- Total flexibility on day and time (Depending on availability).
- Funeral director available 24hrs a day by phone.
- Chapel of rest available 7 days a week 24hrs a day by appointment at an additional cost.
- Choice of a full range of traditional and bespoke coffins.
- Hearse via home or place of your choice (if appropriate).
- One complementary Limousine (max 6 people) available if you would like this service.
- Extra Limousines (max 6 people each) available on request at an additional cost of £230.
- Collecting and listing donations on your behalf.
- Option of the deceased being dressed in own clothes at an additional cost of £80.00.
- Preparation of the deceased is advised if you wish to view.
- Arranging press notices and service sheets (additional fees).
- Advice on venues and florists.
Price does not include:
- Out of hours removal £175.00.
- Doctors fee £164.00.
- Minister / Officiant from £200.00.
(This does not include disbursements or any additional costs, disbursements must be paid prior to the funeral)
- Day, date and time of the funeral will be chosen to suit ourselves and No changes or additions can be made.
- We will make all necessary arrangements for the funeral to take place.
- We will take the deceased into our care during office hours (Mon-Fri, 08.30-17.00).
- 24hr telephone service.
- Hearse only to the nearest crematorium.
- Provision of staff for the funeral.
- We supply a simple coffin for cremation.
- Cremated remains can be collected from the office after 7 working days.
- No viewing or chapel visits.
- We reserve the right to cancel the funeral if payment has not been received.
Price does not include:
- Out of hours removal £175.00
- Doctors fee £164.00
- Minister/Officiant from £200.00
- In hours transfer into our care (within 10 miles, Monday-Friday, 08.30-17.00) by trained funeral professionals.
- Office appointment with your local funeral director for completing paperwork.
- A plain coffin for cremation.
- Ashes to be collected in person from the crematorium or scattered in the grounds unwitnessed.
- 24hr telephone service.
- Advice on registration.
- Cremation will be held at a crematorium of our choice.
- Transfer to a crematorium in a suitable vehicle on a day and time of our choice.
- No viewing of the deceased or use of our chapel of rest.
- No funeral procession, minister or officiant.
- No mourners attendance or funeral service.
- No embalming.
- No donations.
- No additions available with this option.
- Out of hours removal, an additional £175.00.
Steve Common - Dip FD, LMBIFD
Funeral Director & Office Manager
Steve was born in and still resides in Aldershot. He was in retail and management all his working life, and joined G M Luff & Partners at their Grayshott office in August 1994 as a Chauffeur and Bearer. He later moved into a management position at Grayshott in 1996, enrolled on a Diploma in Funeral Directing the same year and qualified in 1998.
The same year as qualifying, Steve moved to the Ford Mears branch at Farnborough as Manager, also working as General Manager of Hampshire Memorials Ltd, the memorial arm of the company, dealing with all inter-company memorial works, online or external enquries.
Paul’s first ever job, working as a Lifeguard, involved him protecting the public and on occasion he even saved lives. Later, as a Police Officer, he was often first on the scene at the event of a death and faced with the hard task of notifying loved ones.
Paul left the Hampshire Constabulary around 2005 and since then he’s put his training and the skills he learned throughout his career into delivering a professional, compassionate and friendly service, aimed towards helping people in their time of need by making the funeral arrangement process as easy as possible.
We understand that many family and friends wish to give donations to a charity in memory of the deceased and we see this as an important part of the service that we offer.
Our donations page is simple and easy to use. We’ve partnered with Memory Giving, a recognised donation platform for Funeral Directors to coordinate and collect memoriam donations. We set up the page for you, the page has the following optional features a photo of your loved one, space for a message, details of the service with a map and a space for tributes to be left. The page will typically close 6-8 weeks from the date it was created.
Every donor will receive an acknowledgment, thanking them for their donation. Donations can be made securely by debit or credit card, with donations going straight to your nominated charity. The option of Gift Aid is available, with Gift Aid recovery, provide on behalf of the charity increases the gift by upwards of 18%.
Memory Giving Search Form
Where to Find Us
242 Farnborough Rd,
Hampshire GU14 7JW
Ford Mears and partners Farnborough and Hampshire memorials can be found on the main Farnborough road near the clock house roundabout and opposite the old tumble down dick pub now McDonalds.
Parking: Off the clock house roundabout is a pay and display car park or road side 30 minute parking for free on the Farnborough road.
Get in Touch
Contact our Farnborough office below.